The Fraxy Background Topic.

Post images here.
Garoslaw
VIP Member
VIP Member
Gold Stars: 4

The Fraxy Background Topic.

Post by Garoslaw »

The Background, one of The most essential thing to set before fighting your bosses.
Post your own BG's here if you will, We kinda lack them.

Hellsinker BG Pack 2.0
Download Here
(Note that By that, I mean BG's Made using the rip directly from the Hellsinker Game Files.)
Last edited by Garoslaw on Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:yap:

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: Not exactly sure, but perhaps pretty epic.

Re: The Fraxy Background Topic.

Post by Armored Entity »

Excuse me, could I request a Background to be made, or maybe a few. This is for Veneficus Arcanum, and this is one of the biggest things holding me back right now. Sorry that it is a long post.

These BG's I need are for my Veneficus Arcanum Try, and I am having a real hard time with them. The backgrounds I need for this are going to be somewhat abstract-y and surrealistic looking, and each one will be styled to fit the Youkai's theme. Most of the Backgrounds will have a unique style to them, like a cutouts, or paper-mache'ish, or 80's drawing, or something along those lines. It helps give to that magic otherworldly feel, kinda like it does in Kingdom Hearts and Hellsinker in ways. Unfortunately though, I am not too skilled with this sort of BG, and I need some serious help. It won't really give the feel I'm aiming for in this otherwise.
Some of the Backgrounds I might need to use layering (which I know how to code in a BG), so that might be useful too. Like make them 2 or 3 separate images that move across each other.
Oh and another thing. The backgrounds are going to scroll down, so they have to be images that repeat without any visible creases in them.

If anyone here can help me make the backgrounds, let me know.
Here's what I need for each stage.

Stage 1 BG: This one I am intending to be a surrealistic crystal-filled cavern. Alexmdle actually partially helped with it, but its still in progress and unfortunately needs a bit of work. I also planned for the crystals and rocks in it to have sort of a cutouts-style look to them. The BG here might somewhat remind you of the style used in Kirby's Epic Yarn (if that's a good way to describe it). Can't really find a good pic to show and example unfortunately.

Stage 2 BG: Basically, this one consists of a flat regal-ish looking bottom layer, and the second/third layer consists of lots of abstract-ish designs everywhere, many of them being music-related things such as a music staff with notes and stuff on them, random clefts/notes/rests etc, and a few other things.
The background here should look similar to these, except that the random objects seen in them should be various music-related things of that sort such as notes and staffs and music writing. Maybe a few other small non-music objects too though, just to give it detail, but similar look to those BG's I showed, and of course, repeating.

Stage 3 BG: This one will sort of be a surrealistic forest, the bottom layer being this repeating pattern, and the second/third layer having various trees and bushes and flowers.
It should look very much like this, but with much more plant-life decorating it and the plants actually looking healthy and alive, but in a similar art style. Maybe different colors though. The bottom layer should be a repeating pattern like the rest of it though.

Stage 4 BG: This one will have 3 layers to it. First one will be a dark, other-dimension-looking scenery of some sort, but still with that style. Second layer will consist of random objects drawn in an another abstract-ish manner. Third will simply be transparent gray fog clouds that float overtop (the fog clouds I bet I can make though, but not the others). I saw in try coding that you can make part of a BG look transparent, while leaving the rest solid, which I will do for this.
The Background here should kinda look like a combination of these two BG's, but darker. The objects in the second layer should be like the ones in that first pic, except leave out the trees, chains, butterflies, and barbed wire. Things similar to those wierd windows, fences, and stuff should work, though not exactly the same (maybe different looking ones). Also the bottom layer should be some sort of thing like in the second image (that wierd dark dimension thing), but with darker colors. I really suggest doing them in separate pics. If you can do them, I bet I can layer them in the coding and see how it turns out.

Stage 5 BG: Already have this one done.

Stage 6 BG: Already have this one done, thankfully.

True Last Boss's BG: Already have this one done. I'm keeping this one a secret though.

Please help. This is pretty much the biggest obstacle I am having with this, and I doubt I can do this part all on my own.
I would like to ask a favor from for anyone who is my friend here.
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.

SnipeHeart
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Your mom
Gold Stars: 1

Post by SnipeHeart »

IIRC, TheBlueEcho posted a link to a few in SPIDER's old thread that had the release of Coulorus in it. Don't have that link myself, though.

dracmeister
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Sakura ∞ Friendship

Post by dracmeister »

:>

Over a dark City...

You can set it to day by adjusting the clouds on the code though...
And editing the city graphics.

Endless Loop. :3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BEARS!!! BEARS!!!

Do not use this forum under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
A safety message by SUPRISEBUTSECS

[Bosses to remember:]
Team HouHouJigoku! mostly discontinued
'Gusty Storm' Armored Train
'Twin Sisters' Railgun Core
Archie and Tommy - Lightseeker Duo

dracmeister
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Sakura ∞ Friendship

Post by dracmeister »

Another quick one...
Sand world...
Desert BG...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BEARS!!! BEARS!!!

Do not use this forum under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
A safety message by SUPRISEBUTSECS

[Bosses to remember:]
Team HouHouJigoku! mostly discontinued
'Gusty Storm' Armored Train
'Twin Sisters' Railgun Core
Archie and Tommy - Lightseeker Duo

Garoslaw
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Garoslaw »

Request to move this to Images section, please.
:yap:

Aquamancia
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: *hands out Epic Jar* Pay up.
Gold Stars: 42

Post by Aquamancia »

Garoslaw wrote:Request to move this to Images section, please.
Done.
Fraxy Creations and Mirrors
Creations Thread
Twitter

Just as Japlanned.

i was such a jerk on here

Garoslaw
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Garoslaw »