[Preview] EGG DRAGOON (a.k.a. Ultra-Hyper Prototype-1)

Share your Fraxy bosses, drones, and TRY files here. You can also show previews here.
Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: Not exactly sure, but perhaps pretty epic.

[Preview] EGG DRAGOON (a.k.a. Ultra-Hyper Prototype-1)

Post by Armored Entity »

I've decided to make another Sonic-themed boss, and this one I feel is going to be a little bit more unique than some of my other creations. Also something themed Eggman, which I noticed that ironically, not too many of my Sonic bosses use.

It is Egg Dragoon, or as it was originally called, Ultra-Hyper Prototype-1 (whoa, talk about an overly-redundant original name)
I thought Shadowhunter would like it if I made this, and also I figured I should as for I haven't been creating enough Sonic bosses in Fraxy lately, focusing more on stuff like the Neuroi and Touhou. Egg Dragoon is one of the few Eggman robots I actually liked, as for it doesn't look too quirky, and has a neat array of attacks, a good number that I figured would be easy to convert to Fraxy attacks. Also I like that it is one of the most advanced-looking Eggman robots in the series, as for it sports features such as Energy-based secondary wings (unlike other Eggman robots that use metallic wings with rotors or boosters or antigrav devices and the like), and the ability to teleport extra weapons from out of nowhere (unlike other Eggman robots, which the other weapons are already attached on or extend from out of an opening or hatch or something, but not visibly teleported to its hands). It was also an amazing boss.

Mine is going to have 6-8 attacks, perhaps randomized as well to make it better. The attacks will use some from both the Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Generations version of it (which the Generations version actually seems a lot stronger and has multiple other features), and a few extra ones that are more original. For the second phase, its wing units deploy and replace the boosters, and then it still uses the same attack set, except for now they are enhanced (as in the attack fires more bullets, has an extra part added on, etc.)

Also some stuff I have already added for this Fraxy boss
-Somewhat faithful to the original, but not exactly. The weak point of this boss, the dome head, is protected by a shield. You have to hit that orb on the Big Core on its chest until it deactivates, and then its shield will shut down for a few seconds, which is your chance to hit it before the orb on the Big Core reactivates and its shield is back up. Its a similar concept to what was used in Xeilumardrox's Alexmdle boss in FHQ, though not exactly. The orb isn't just a simple effector glow though, but it actually has a pulsing-animation to it as well, a but more unique.
-For one attack I have added, though I noticed is currently having a few problems, it launches off its electric drill, and then then drill flies across the screen in sideways, but randomly angled paths, leaving a bullet trail. It flies across about 4 times, then reattaches to the arm, and then the Egg Dragoon tries to slash you. For the Phase 2 version of this attack, I think I will make it fly across 6 times instead of 4, and the bullets in the trail become more numerous and faster moving too.

Also, I need help with one thing for it, which is a bit harder for this.
-For one of Egg Dragoon's attacks, it fires ice bullets from its cannon arm. The Ice Bullets are suppose to freeze you in place, leaving you vulnerable unless you can break out in time. I need a way to make a projectile in Fraxy that starts as an icy projectile, then when it hits you, it makes an ice crystal around your ship (perhaps the Ice Crystal can be made using Search Lights), and after that it prevents your ship from moving or turning at all, and you cannot shoot outside of it, just on the inside. In order to get free, the attack sequence either must end, or you have to shoot the inside your shots are restricted to until the ice crystal breaks. Also this attack will be used in conjunction with another one as to make it more difficult. Can anyone help me with this?

I hope to get this boss done soon. I hope it turns out as awesome as my Ultra Gemerl boss did.
Last edited by Armored Entity on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I would like to ask a favor from for anyone who is my friend here.
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.

SnipeHeart
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Your mom
Gold Stars: 1

Re: EGG DRAGOON (a.k.a. Ultra-Hyper Prototype-1)

Post by SnipeHeart »

Might want to add some more to the bottom. The upper body and arms are fine, in my opinion, but the bottom is far too thin.

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian

Post by Armored Entity »

That's how its supposed to look though
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.

Aquamancia
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: *hands out Epic Jar* Pay up.
Gold Stars: 42

Post by Aquamancia »

Metarex Master wrote:For one of Egg Dragoon's attacks, it fires ice bullets from its cannon arm. The Ice Bullets are suppose to freeze you in place, leaving you vulnerable unless you can break out in time. I need a way to make a projectile in Fraxy that starts as an icy projectile, then when it hits you, it makes an ice crystal around your ship (perhaps the Ice Crystal can be made using Search Lights), and after that it prevents your ship from moving or turning at all, and you cannot shoot outside of it, just on the inside. In order to get free, the attack sequence either must end, or you have to shoot the inside your shots are restricted to until the ice crystal breaks. Also this attack will be used in conjunction with another one as to make it more difficult. Can anyone help me with this?
For making the player not move, you could mess around with the gravity bind a bit (forgot which specific parameters depend on player speed and turning), and probably use a barrier or something for the health.

The design itself doesn't look too bad. My only complaint so far is the legs are a bit too low, according to the pictures you provided.
Fraxy Creations and Mirrors
Creations Thread
Twitter

Just as Japlanned.

i was such a jerk on here

ShadowHunter
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: ۞

Post by ShadowHunter »

Aquamancia wrote:
Metarex Master wrote:For one of Egg Dragoon's attacks, it fires ice bullets from its cannon arm. The Ice Bullets are suppose to freeze you in place, leaving you vulnerable unless you can break out in time. I need a way to make a projectile in Fraxy that starts as an icy projectile, then when it hits you, it makes an ice crystal around your ship (perhaps the Ice Crystal can be made using Search Lights), and after that it prevents your ship from moving or turning at all, and you cannot shoot outside of it, just on the inside. In order to get free, the attack sequence either must end, or you have to shoot the inside your shots are restricted to until the ice crystal breaks. Also this attack will be used in conjunction with another one as to make it more difficult. Can anyone help me with this?
For making the player not move, you could mess around with the gravity bind a bit (forgot which specific parameters depend on player speed and turning), and probably use a barrier or something for the health.

The design itself doesn't look too bad. My only complaint so far is the legs are a bit too low, according to the pictures you provided.
ooorrr.....you can use the action "change player bind value" and set these in:

Value A: 5

Value B: 100

Value C: 100
۞

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian

Post by Armored Entity »

ShadowHunter wrote:
Aquamancia wrote:

ooorrr.....you can use the action "change player bind value" and set these in:

Value A: 5

Value B: 100

Value C: 100
Um, I'm not making this a Try-file based boss. I can do well without it. Also what I need to know is how to make the freeze effect projectile, the effect activate when you get hit, and how to prevent any glitches with it and stuff.

Also, any other opinions on this?
Thank you.

Garoslaw
VIP Member
VIP Member
Gold Stars: 4

Post by Garoslaw »

Bind Value can be set in the editor.
:yap:

TheBlueEcho
VIP Member
VIP Member
Epicness: So Epic

Post by TheBlueEcho »

You could make an effector ball that's blue (If the sticky Param was working I would suggest that too so you can get a nice Pulse effect), combined with a faint blue effector for a glow (Make it trail), and a blue Explosive effector to simulate icy bits (Now that we have some). Then, If going the Sonic Gen route, at a certain point activate a Medium sized, slow moving Blade effector that's also blue. If the Player is caught in the blade effector (via Notify Status), activate the Action Garo mentioned and a Invisible Barrier to restrain Shooting, Making the ice breakable. For the Ice Crystal thing, You could use Search lights to make it look Jagged (you'll need about 16+ for it to look good). Maybe you could play around with Blue Explosion and Player shield Effects also?

[/ramble]

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian

Post by Armored Entity »

Okay, that might work. However, I also need something to make sure it does not activate when you get close to the point and it is not firing, or prevent it from resetting if you get hit by an Ice Bullet again while you are still frozen, as well as something to make the ice to thaw immediately if the attack pattern ends.

Also, anyone have any other good ideas for this boss's other attacks and features?
Thank you.

TheBlueEcho
VIP Member
VIP Member
Epicness: So Epic

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Metarex Master wrote:Okay, that might work. However, I also need something to make sure it does not activate when you get close to the point and it is not firing, ...
:?:
Metarex Master wrote:... or prevent it from resetting if you get hit by an Ice Bullet again while you are still frozen, as well as something to make the ice to thaw immediately if the attack pattern ends.
...Variables?
Metarex Master wrote:Also, anyone have any other good ideas for this boss's other attacks and features?
I noticed the Machine Gun Thing He has a Big Ice Bullet attack (Unleashed), But No Big Energy Bullet. I would include that. Some Lasers are also generally good. Megalaser is good but might be overdoing it. Also consider a "Shoot Everywhere" tactic for the Gun.

For the Drill, You got the sword like attack, where he makes a zone of energy, And a missile like attack, which is self explanitory. You can't really add much to the sword attack except maybe a jab move after swinging once or twice. As for the Missile attack, he could fire it off-screen and have it stripe the Screen. (That is, when fired, It comes out from the Right side of the Screen and ends at the left, then vice versa, each time drawing closer to the bottom of the screen.) You also can embed it into the screen and have it explode epicly. :D