[Bosses] Bosses by Metarex Master

Share your Fraxy bosses, drones, and TRY files here. You can also show previews here.
ShadowHunter
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: ۞

Re: Bosses by Metarex Master

Post by ShadowHunter »

kinda reminds me of scorpio
۞

Ex-Rumia
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Getting there.
Gold Stars: 0

Post by Ex-Rumia »

I do believe that that was the point of the boss. It was a Scorpio tribute as well.
Formerly Haku1201.
Current Fraxy Projects:
F-Gradius
Project SH

Now known as a compulsive core abuser.

DC Universe Persona Names
Hero: Marietta Durge
Villian: Voivouire

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: Not exactly sure, but perhaps pretty epic.

Post by Armored Entity »

Ex-Rumia wrote:I do believe that that was the point of the boss. It was a Scorpio tribute as well.
Yes in fact it was.

Also I have another boss done, this one being a tribute to a very lovable character in Cutehou, Patchouli Knowledge.

The Elemental Librarian
Patchouli is a very interesting, famous, and adorable character, and I wanted to make a boss of her. I just love how she always stays in her library reading, and how she looks like a sleepytime girl with her nightgown, moon, and that tired expression. This one I got done sooner than I thought, and it turned out great, although I liked my Yuyuko one better. This one has more random movements than my last couple and her attacks in the first phase are almost exactly like the original. Also I added her element crystals that she uses when she uses for her powers, and the corresponding ones appear and orbit around her when she initiates an attack. Isn't as hard as I thought, but still not a pushover in any way. Also it has a secret form unlocked at Rank 7 (a reference to how Patchouli is also known as the "One Week Wizard"). The secret form is like a giant version of one of her crystals that changes form as to represent her ever-changing and complex mind, and uses the other 5 all at once in complex movements. The crystal's center is also a glowing orb with a moon around it like the one on her hat. Has to be one of my longest and most complex boss secret forms to date. I thought this fit Patchouli a ton, and I tried other ones for her, but they ended up either being just ridiculous looking or exceeded the part limit or both. Though the Yuyuko one was still better in my eyes, I still like how this Patchouli one ended up. MUKYUU!!!!!!

Download link: http://acmlm.kafuka.org/uploader/get.php?id=4090" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Best fought in Area Fixed mode with a screensize of 360 X 480. It also works better if you set the game to Danmaku Mode.

Oh, and I finished another one. This one I made for SPIDER to help him with his FraxyPachi project.

Steel Beetle
Don't really know how I thought up this one. The idea just sorta came to me out of the blue and I decided to go with it. I'm impressed that I got it done in less than a day. I later figured that it would make a perfect Stage 2 Boss for SPIDER's FraxyPachi project, and I went with that. As you can see, Steel Beetle is a massive, sky-fi like mech with 4 insectoid legs that it uses very well. This boss has that kind of difficulty that SPIDER likes, although it is easier than his last one for Stage 3 was (I think it was called Golden Seagull or something). The boss has 3 short phases, and works very well, and I styled it in the same way the last one was.

I made two different versions. First is the original, designed for SPIDER so that he can add all the Try stuffs to it. The second is a non-try version with the Player Weapons and other stuff included already, though not as good for the Try it is intended for.

I hope this helps out FraxyPachi a lot SPIDER. I also suggest making there two walls on the sides of the Background for when you battle this thing, so that it actually looks like it is climbing. You can feel free to change the name or partsgraphics or something else, or add some other stuff to the attacks if you feel that it this boss would be better that way.

Download link for the Original one: http://acmlm.kafuka.org/uploader/get.php?id=4122" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Download link for an edited one that works better in a Non-Try file scenario: http://acmlm.kafuka.org/uploader/get.php?id=4123" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Best fought in Area Fixed mode with a screensize of 360 X 480
I would like to ask a favor from for anyone who is my friend here.
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian

Post by Armored Entity »

Dang it, I had to double post again. Well I have another great Neuroi Fraxy boss finished.

Neuroi Infected MP-118 Wyvern Gunship

One of my better bosses, I think I did a really nice job on this one. The Infected Wyvern Gunship is a boss that kinda upgrades itself as it changes phases. First one starts as a Ketsui-Styled Danmaku boss, with smooth movements and a few attacks. Second phase, it infects these two sinking assault boats and uses them as a new front wing set. It starts this one by just using the fronts, and then when the fronts are destroyed, it resorts to fighting you up close again. After that, it takes control of two power lines from a nearby station and uses them like a pair of arms. This one it starts trying to trap you with its attacks now, and moves more too. Took me a while to get this boss done, but I like how it turned out. No secret form unfortunately, for I didn't have enough part space, oh well.
Also I have slightly edited Yoshika Miyafuji's Player Weapon for this boss, due to complaints on the old RefleX-styled one being too overpowered. Now, Yoshika's Striker Shield works more like the Emergency Shield in Strania. When the energy bar is full, hit Extra Button to activate the shield, protecting you for about 7 seconds, though it takes longer to recharge and you can only use it when it is at full energy now.
I also happened to notice that I am the first Fraxy creator to release a new boss that uses features from the new v20120108beta, it uses some of the new tips and plates in its design, has effector layering on some of it, and a few other things. I feel so good for this.

Download link: http://acmlm.kafuka.org/uploader/get.php?id=4172" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.

Scionox
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Rawr
Gold Stars: 1

Post by Scionox »

And thus MM learned the way to make somewhat better intros
Was known as: <Insert huge list of nicknames i wont ever use again>
Ancient creation list: http://www.fraxyhq.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1526" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
YouTube Channel: Click
Rawr.

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

Aquamancia
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: *hands out Epic Jar* Pay up.
Gold Stars: 42

Post by Aquamancia »

Skip to 3:42 for the boss.

This boss is probably one of your best ones.
Now only if you put as much effort into your Touhou recreations... =\
Fraxy Creations and Mirrors
Creations Thread
Twitter

Just as Japlanned.

i was such a jerk on here

ShadowHunter
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: ۞

Post by ShadowHunter »

good and the second form reminds me of the second boss of alltynex 2nd
۞

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian

Post by Armored Entity »

Queen Larsa wrote:And thus MM learned the way to make somewhat better intros
Thanks for that. I felt that was one of my best cutscenes yet.
Aquamancia wrote:This boss is probably one of your best ones.
Now only if you put as much effort into your Touhou recreations.
Why thank you. I personally thought that Horda Gestorada, Glow Squid, and Elemental Librarian were better, but I am glad that you really like this boss.

Also, I have another one done. This is somewhat of an early entry to ShadowHunter's Splitting Boss challenge.

Amoebus

One of my more original bosses, I just didn't wanna turn down this idea when Shadowhunter suggested it, mainly because no one at all has made a Fraxy boss like this before. The name is because it uses that cell-division type thing to it. I know the design isn't the best, but it makes sense, and it doesn't really need to be that good.
Amoebus is basically a large sphere boss that bounces around the room and shoot at you, but each time you destroy one of its forms, it splits into two smaller version of itself. After a while, the number of smaller ones can get very overwhelming. I didn't find it that difficult of a boss though, but it certainly is unique and it has a cool gimmick to defeat it. Was kinda troublesome at first to make it work correctly, but I finished it now and I had fun creating it after working out those problems. It was also heavily inspired by bosses and enemies such as Slimes/Magma Cubes in Minecraft, Envy/Fistula/Blastocyst/The Fallen in The Binding of Isaac, and partially the Rainbow Devil in Megaman Zero. I hope that challenge of ShadowHunter's gets accepted, because this is a perfect entry. I also have a feeling that MintE and PureQuestion might really enjoy this boss too.

Download link: http://acmlm.kafuka.org/uploader/get.php?id=4173" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thank you.

MintE
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Epicness: Walrus
Gold Stars: Walrus

Post by MintE »

Against my better judgement I'm actually going to make a post detailing my praise and criticism.

Here we go.

Okay firstly, I like the idea. It is a very nice idea. Really it is. Sadly though, in my opinion, it has poor execution.

The idea is novel. And the boss looks like something you'd see in a typical shmup (that is not overly complex. I think "simple" is the right word). The patterns are fine (nothing too spectacular, but again, fits the whole "simple" vibe). So kudos on making a boss based off of a stellar idea.

My gripe, however, is with the sloppy execution. Firstly, to get it out of the way, my subjective complaint about the design. It looks lazy. It is an albatross (parts count speaking). It just looks ugly (does this fit into the "simple" feeling?). I feel if less parts were used and more work was put in, the design could have actually been interesting (you know, some minor animation work, to get that amoeba look). As it stands, the boss is an eyesore.

My second complaint is far more objective, and it too falls into the category: Things Meta was too lazy to change/improve. This simple thing you overlooked makes the boss incredibly jarring as the fight progresses, and, frankly, by the 2nd split (the one with 4 little amoebas) it was just insulting. I'm talking about the half-assed jarring-as-a-monkey-wearing-a-bra movement animations (pathing?). I mean COME ON sir. The movement was fine for the Big Guy and the 1st Split, but that 2nd split was just awful. When you have a boss that is formed as a result of player action and its position can vary, you NEED to give the impression that the player has some impact in the trajectory of the boss. When I see those 4 little guys follow the same damn path (albeit they all followed a mirrored or reversed path) I want to reach through my monitor and into yours and ring your little neck. It is just lazy and it looks like shit.

Fix it please.

tl;dr You cannot be lazy, only I can.

(I realize I never gave you any tips on how to fix it, but I plan to rectify that in this parenthetical anecdote of my misery. Over the years of playing and making bosses in fraxy I've found about two very good, very easy ways, to fix movement issues like you have in your boss. One of those ideas is simply allowing the amoeba's to follow the same paths the already do, but allow the times to vary. Make it so that there is an offset in their cycles. It'll keep the same feeling of your current paths, but it won't look as lazy it does currently. The other simple option is to simple modify each Amoebas path. You know make it so each one follows a different path (and yes I mean more different than simply mirrored and reversed). Of course if you're feeling very feisty you can always mix both tactics up to get an almost dynamic feel to the movements.)

(On the note of dynamic movements, you could always do that.)

tl;dr You should actually read it, it is some very decent criticism.

Metarex Master « Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:33 pm » MintE and PQ might wanna see this boss.

Just ask and you shall receive.

Now don't ever ask me again.

|:)
Who am I kidding!? I'm a terrible person

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian

Re: [Bosses] Bosses by Metarex Master

Post by Armored Entity »

Okay, lets see what you think of my newest creation. This is my entry for Spriterkid's OWTA Collab.

OKT-X-ARAC
I gotta thank Fourbox for letting me do this, and I am really happy with what I produced for it. This boss is for OWTA, and the weapons it uses are only Homing Lasers, nothing else. I was heavily inspired by Radio Zonde when making this boss, mainly the 5th boss of Radio Zonde (I keep forgetting that thing's name though). The boss was kinda hard to make since Homing Lasers can't have multiple shots coming from the same part, and they use a lot of the bullet limit and effect limit, but I managed still. On Phase 1 and 3, you can destroy the side-units on the boss to make it easier, although it will try to replace them with another weapon when you do, though not a very hard alternate one. The boss has 5 different phases total, though it only goes into Phase 5 if you fight it on hard mode. I think this has to be my best boss to date, as for its really good, and pretty darn hard, and I like it more than my other previous bosses, even Horda Gestorada and The Elemental Librarian. Hope you agree with me though.

Oh and yes, like the Collab required, it has a hard mode for Rank 1, but good luck defeating it there.
Download link: http://acmlm.kafuka.org/uploader/get.php?id=4208" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also after a while of being absent from Fraxy, here's a new boss from me.

Buppousou
This is a remake of the 2nd Boss of Ikaruga, and my favorite boss in the game. I had some problems making this boss, but I managed out in the end. Like the original, it has two weak points that you must shoot open the hatches to get to first. It also uses all the attacks from the original. The sub-health bars unfortunately didn't work, so I basically used thunder-diffuses in order to show that you are damaging it.
I used the Ikaruga system like in Zarro's Opal Dream for this boss. You switch shields by hitting boost, and blue shield deflects blue shots (player bullets), and Red Shield deflects non-blue shots (Reflect Rays and Ion Rings). Also an addition to mine is the double damage part. When you use the Blue shield and hit the Black side weak point, it results in double damage and vice-versa. If you get hit, the boss also recovers some of its health too, so be careful. I think this boss is very much like the original version, don't you agree?

Download Link: http://acmlm.kafuka.org/uploader/get.php?id=4246" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thank you.