Forgotten Sanctuary

Share your Fraxy bosses, drones, and TRY files here. You can also show previews here.
TinFoilMkIV
Fraxy Beginner
Fraxy Beginner

Forgotten Sanctuary

Post by TinFoilMkIV »

Global Variable 4 is reserved for use as player invulnerability flag (1=invuln 0=normal)
Global Variable 3 is reserved for BG effect use - effects are defined for each boss, can be anything from BG scroll speed, direction, color, etc... (I will handle the coding for the actual BG changes in the TRY)

Paticipants (unlimited)
-TinFoilMkIV
-
-

[Round 1]
-Zmiy Gorynich
-
-

[Round 2]
-Ketharis "Undying Swordsman"
-Fryse "The Mythical Glare"
-

[Round 3]
-{nameless} "Eternal Shadow"
-
-

[Round 4]
- {reserved} - Ebo

[Round 5]
-
-
"Impossibility is simply the highest level of unfair."

AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator
Epicness: micro skills

Re: Forgotten Sanctuary

Post by AlexMdle »

Stage 1 Boss idea:

Zmiy Gorynich/Slavic Dragon

A creature featured prominently in russian myths about the Bogatyr.

It's a giant flying serpent with three heads, capable of breathing fire and reviving any of it's fallen heads.

The boss idea is to make it more of a arena style. Each of the three heads can be destroyed individually and will revive later with better attack. Eventually a head will stop dying and/or taking damage which will be it's last phase. When all 3 heads reach this stage, the boss will show it's full form and you will have to face one last phase of attacks.
Now under new management.

Spriterkid
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: There's something in there alright

Post by Spriterkid »

I'm giving this template for people to use so they'll have little to no trouble to put together their idea:
With that, I give you this.
Name: Fryse, The Mythical Glare
Round: 2
Theme: Ice and Snow Storms
Design: A big ship, where the center is a ball of light. You have to shoot the front of the ship to open it in half, revealing the core. (The core itself shoots at you when opened)
Speech:(Only in the beginning.) Welcome...
You are one of the many that attempted to destroy the evil within...
I will test you to see if you are capable of destroying this evil...
Final Attack: Denique Glacies (Final Ice). Fryse freezes the ceiling, and big (and I mean BIG) icicles (as in bullet icicles) fall from the sky.
Weapon Dropped:Icicle Bullets - A wide spread of shots (like the icicles used in Denique Glacies) are shot at the enemy. They're not very strong, but they don't have much reload time.
RIP Ed Balls

[marquee="right","scroll","0","5"]buy flantasy flan[/marquee]
This signature has been signed by the End of fagets Infinity.

AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator
Epicness: micro skills

Post by AlexMdle »

Speech is sorta o_o yeah. But ok. Will revise better then.

Name: Zmiy Gorynich
Round: 1
Theme: Fire/Dragon
Design: Sorta cybernetic/spiritual three-headed sentry, full form is a winged spiritual serpent with 3 heads.
Speech:

*Encounter*

(Red: Left head)

(Green: Middle head)

(Blue: Right head)

"Ssso, it isss, that another ones comesss."

"Turn away fool. Go back to whence you came from."

"For if you stay, I shall crush you like a tiny insect that you are!"

"Only those I see assss worthy may passsss."

"And worthy are only those who have power greater than even mine."

"And yours. IS NOT, TINY MORTAL. Those grounds will be your pyre!"

*Death*

"I cannot believe it!"

"Thisss isss impressssive..."

"Maybe there is hope after all."

"But we will see... for I am, not the last. My brethen will punish you for your impudence."

Final Attack: Sacred Flame
Secret Form: None, but depending on player speed a special extra pattern [Champion Slayer] will play. Depending on how fast player was and how long he can survive (or outlast it), he will receive extra score.
Weapon Dropped:

Draconic Delta

A powerful weapon with powers that increase the longer the player is firing, though slowing him down.

Under 33% power - Straight fire on 50% of power. Ship slightly slowed.
Under 66% power - Straight fire on 100% of power, additional bullets fired on 50% power at 22.5° angle to the right and left. Ship moderately slowed.
Over 66% power - Straight fire on 100% of power, additional bullets fired on 100% at 22.5° and 11.25° angle to right and left. Ship severely slowed.

Pressing ex button while the power is 100% activates Hyper mode.
While in hyper mode, all bullet power is 200%, their acceleration and firing rate is doubled and the ship can move at normal speed.
Activating it also releases a screen-wide sol diffuser.
While in hyper mode, the power bar will decrease. Once it reaches 0% (Or however low due to fraxy editor limitation :V) the hyper mode ends.
Now under new management.

TinFoilMkIV
Fraxy Beginner
Fraxy Beginner

Post by TinFoilMkIV »

Those both sound pretty good so far, I look forwards to seeing how they work out, I'll update them into the current listings.

@Alex: that weapon might be a bit overcomplicated, since there will be multiple weapon/abilities gained by the player, could get a bit cluttered and confusing on the controls with things like that. I might remove the hyper mode, as it seems somewhat unnecessary, and maybe change the normal shots to just a basic extra firepower weapon and have the extra key activate the powered up mode that affects your speed, since having your normal attack decrease move speed could be an issue.

Then again it may not, but just some thoughts, at the very least we can try it out and see how that works.

Also Round 4 is being reserved for now, haven't worked out the name and details and such, but I got something coming for it.

Arcane~Soul
Fraxy Beginner
Fraxy Beginner

Post by Arcane~Soul »

I think this looks interesting enough. I'll give it a whirl.
Perhaps something like a kraken, can attack from the tips of it's arms?
Sticks and stones can break my bones, but LAZORS really smart.

Arcane~Soul wrote:
I request a trampoline exploding into marshmallows covered in barbecue sauce and almonds that want to eat your SOULLLLL.....

Infinity's End wrote:
Almond demons?

Almond demons :epicV:

Looking for people who can create my bosses that I can't do, collab with me, etc.
PM me if interested, DON'T if you aren't.

TinFoilMkIV
Fraxy Beginner
Fraxy Beginner

Post by TinFoilMkIV »

[*]NOTE: Global Variable 4 is now reserved for player invulnerability flag (1=invuln 0=normal)

and for the heck of it a proper intro to my first entry of my own

Name: {nameless} The Eternal Shadow
Round: 3
Theme: Shadows/Darkness
Design: shadowy humanoid figure

Intro: "Welcome warrior, don't be so surprised to find one such as me guarding this place. The light and darkness do not inherently server either good or evil. it is the wielder who decides the purpose of his weapons. Now come, show me what you are capable of.

defeated (normal): "Well fought... It seems my presence here may no longer be required. what lies ahead will not be easy by any means, but you may just be able to pull it off. I think I will miss the peace I have known here, but I would not regret the destruction of the evil that has been sealed here. Good luck to you..."

defeated (secret): "Impressive... I seem to have gotten carried away a bit, but it certainly has been a long time since I have found someone capable of keeping up with me to that level. Here's a little something extra to aid you in the upcoming battle. Good luck warrior, I hope to challenge you again in the future, try not to get yourself killed in there.

Secret Form: Same as normal form, with harder attacks.

Weapon Dropped: Phantom Strike
weapon info: double tap and hold boost to activate. Temporarily makes player invulnerable while held. After de-activating player is stunned (no booster) and has decreased speed (-50%) for approximately the same amount of time the ability was used (has max use time limit). Leaves an afterimage (decoy) at the point it was activated at that can still attack, the player cannot fire any weapons them self while the ability is active. (weapons are tied to the decoy)

TinFoilMkIV
Fraxy Beginner
Fraxy Beginner

Post by TinFoilMkIV »

Semi-Update: Global var 3 reserved for BG controls

ei: changing bg scroll speed direction and/or colors etc...

what the variable does if you decide to use it at all is up to you, I'll handle the coding for it. The effects of G_Var3 will be different for each boss if used.

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: Not exactly sure, but perhaps pretty epic.

Post by Armored Entity »

I saw Ebo made this Buddha-like boss for this.

Think you'll use it?
I would like to ask a favor from for anyone who is my friend here.
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.

Aquamancia
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: *hands out Epic Jar* Pay up.
Gold Stars: 42

Post by Aquamancia »

Eboshidori wrote:Originally the boss was made for TinFoil's Forgotten Sanctuary -collab.

Whether or not Tin will still use it for the collab is up to him, I guess.
Fraxy Creations and Mirrors
Creations Thread
Twitter

Just as Japlanned.

i was such a jerk on here