Project G

Share your Fraxy bosses, drones, and TRY files here. You can also show previews here.
Ex-Rumia
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Getting there.
Gold Stars: 0

Re: Project G

Post by Ex-Rumia »

Project G Try Tutorial is now about 70% done. Just thought everyone would like to know.
Formerly Haku1201.
Current Fraxy Projects:
F-Gradius
Project SH

Now known as a compulsive core abuser.

DC Universe Persona Names
Hero: Marietta Durge
Villian: Voivouire

Ex-Rumia
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian

Post by Ex-Rumia »

Suggested Load out for the Paladin I found fine.

For the Warlock, I suggest Bullet, Vulcan, Blaster, Rockets, Multiblaster, Wide Bullet, Charge Blaster QT, Temporal Shield, Soll Activater, and then CPW.

For the Gladiator, I suggest, Bullet, Multiblaster, Soll Diffuser, Temporal Shield, Missiles, Wide Bullet, Vulcan, Charge Blaster QT, and then CPW.

For the Specter, I Suggest Bullet, Decoy, Missiles, Wide Bullet, Temporal Shield, Blaster, Multiblaster, Charge Blaster QT, Vulcan, and then CPW.

I have no ideas for the Sovergein... except maybe to have it start off with a CPW.

Will add more as I think it up.
Formerly Haku1201.
Current Fraxy Projects:
F-Gradius
Project SH

Scionox
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Rawr
Gold Stars: 1

Post by Scionox »

@Problem 6

Just make custom powerups :V
Was known as: <Insert huge list of nicknames i wont ever use again>
Ancient creation list: http://www.fraxyhq.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1526" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
YouTube Channel: Click
Rawr.

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

Garoslaw
VIP Member
VIP Member
Gold Stars: 4

Post by Garoslaw »

Current Status: I will wait for Silence, however I might not be able to even touch the files because of School.
:yap:

Garoslaw
VIP Member
VIP Member
Gold Stars: 4

Post by Garoslaw »

For area fixed there must be set conditions met (As in, if the enemy has timed movement, the condition should be set at the end frame, Variables signifying that its out of screen and stuff like that) Then the condition should be Delete (Phase In) To the ID 1 part of the enemy. However if its on Free roam, you can set Delete (Phase in) to the ID 1 when the enemy is away for a certain distance from the player.

(The Delete (Phase in) should also have Include child parts option checked. This way every part that is a core on the enemy goes poof as well.)
:yap:

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: Not exactly sure, but perhaps pretty epic.

Post by Armored Entity »

Okay, I have a couple ideas for some bosses you should add to this.

-A boss that barely fights by itself, but rather sends in loads and loads of drones to fight. However, I suggest the drones be a totally new type of enemy, and the drones should not give points. The reason being is that if they give points, it would be easy to exploit by stalling out the boss and focusing only on the drones to maximize score.
-A boss that is a large humanoid mech that moves a ton. If you know how to make humanoid movements in Fraxy, I strongly suggest this one.
-A cloaking boss that renders itself invisible at times during the fight. You can still harm it when invisible though.
-A boss that in an early stage, manages to escape at the last moment at the end of the fight. It will later reappear as an enhanced version for a rematch fight.
-A boss similar to that of Phantron from Star Fox NES. The boss will move around a ton with very fast movements, and it will also spawn intangible duplicates of itself that mimic its movements and attacks as support. However, the way the duplicates would spawn would make it easier to determine which is the real one, but their extra fire makes it harder. Its quick movement would also be hard to deal with, but however the boss would have very low health too.
I would like to ask a favor from for anyone who is my friend here.
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.

Ex-Rumia
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian

Post by Ex-Rumia »

Solution found. I've put an alpha drone on a move joint, I can track when it leaves the screen, and can even stop it's movement before it hits the player.
Formerly Haku1201.
Current Fraxy Projects:
F-Gradius
Project SH

SnipeHeart
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Your mom
Gold Stars: 1

Post by SnipeHeart »

Question for you, Zax.
Is there some sort of background story for Project G? It's something arbitrary and, at the extent of my knowledge, wasn't in (m)any older shmups, but the idea of some superior going up to whoever the player is, patting them on the back, and saying "Here's a fighter ship, you're about to face stupidly sided odds with just this ship and your skills. Best of luck!" seems more like an execution and not a mission.

Another reason that I chose to bring this question up was for the possibilities that could be brought into Project G because of this. Things like two different space armadas having a skirmish and the player having to go through the battlefield to reach the boss, potential allies showing up and leaving to assist the players through stages, and, if desired, the opportunity to switch player ships. Hell, the player may actually see a full blown war between whichever side they fight for and the enemy.

I'm absolutely sure that this idea could be expanded beyond what I've used as examples, and I hope you consider it.

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: Not exactly sure, but perhaps pretty epic.

Post by Armored Entity »

Hmm, Shoot The Core type bosses eh? Well I have a few more ideas for bosses in this. Also I am getting a ton of Star Fox vibes from this now, mainly from the very nature of this game.

Here's some more bosses you should consider

-An organism-type boss. As seen before, it is possible to make organic-looking bosses in Fraxy, even without partsgraphics. I suggest there should be at least one in Project G, maybe that one being like a biologic weapon of the enemy or something. I'd suggest maybe an insectoid-type being.

-A dual boss. Make there one boss where there are two being fought at the same time. Perhaps the second one would reiodically support the first one, or the other one becomes stronger when its ally is destroyed. You can make them two of the smae type of fighter, or perhaps two totally different ships.

-A boss with a large weak point surrounded by large invulnerable plates covering it. The boss periodically opens and closes the plates showing its weak point in battle. This type of thing has been done with Fraxy bosses such as Ebo's Dobkeratops, and my Ultra Gemerl, but I think this kind might be good for Project G.
One variation I'd suggest of this (and one that would be a bit more realistic) is one where the boss has a massive wave motion cannon or something, but has to open up the plates and expose the weak point in order to use it. That would make the player have to damage it during the time when its charging up the cannon, adding challenge to it.

-A boss with multiple weak points. Maybe make there like a number of small nodes or something like that which have to be destroyed or something, and not just one spot. Perhaps instead, you can make it so that it has one big weak spot that is covered up, and it only reveals it after the smaller weak points are finished. This can easily be accomplished in Fraxy through variables or something like that.

-A boss with regenerationg weapons. Like it has multiple weapons that can be destroyed, but they return after a few seconds. I got this idea from Rolling Core in Gradius, and a ton of bosses in G-Darius. I figure this might make it interesting, as for its means of offense don't stay down, but destroying them will give the player a bit of "hang time" to fight it. Of course, the main weak point of the boss doesn't regenerate, and destroying that will finish it off permanently. I feel this would do very well in Project G, considering the nature of the Shriekers.
One variation I had on this type would be like a regenerating weapons boss fused with a multi-weak point boss. The boss would have a number of weapons that have to be destroyed first, and it keeps its vulnerable spot closed up. After all of them are destroyed, it enters a "recovery mode." In recoverey mode, it stops moving, reveals its weak point, and then fires a static attack for a few seconds, which is the player's chance to strike. After a few seconds of Recovery mode, all the weapons regenerate instantly and it closes up the weak spot again. The player would have to repeat this process until it falls.

-A boss similar to the Aparoid Infected Pigma boss of Star Fox Assault. This was my fav Star Fox Assault Boss by far, and if you could make something similar to this in Fraxy, I think that would be neat. Basically the boss has like a number of large, cannon-tipped claws, that also lunge at you at times. You have to destroy all the claws in order to move on to the second phase. It's sorta another multi-weak point boss, though different.
Video of the Infected Pigma boss for reference:
-A Battleship Raid-type boss. TV Tropes call this sort of boss fight a "Battleship Raid." Essentially it is a massive warship or something that is too big to be seen entirely on screen. Something similar to the Egg Carrier in Sonic, the Battleship Halberd in Kirby Superstar, my Neuroi Dreadnaught boss, Saggitarius in RefleX, and others. It has to be fought in sections leading up to its engine or command bridge or something, having the player slow work himself up and destroy all the turrets and weapons on it along the way. Perhaps with Try editing, this could be made easier, if you can.

Also I had an idea for the stages themselves. Are you planning on for the actual levels, making there any physical hazards in the level? Something the player has to manuver carefully around. It can be things like a maze of solid walls, large lasers that turn on and off periodically, the classic meteor shower hazard, conveyor belts that move the walls across slowly, or something like that. I'd love to see some physical hazards in some of the actual levels of Project G.
I would like to ask a favor from for anyone who is my friend here.
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.

Ex-Rumia
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian

Post by Ex-Rumia »

http://www.mediafire.com/?gqa8933ric4a5ew" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's that bullet you wanted, made exactly as you asked. Can't test it at the moment as I'm tired as hell, but can probably do it tomorrow, or one of the others can.
Formerly Haku1201.
Current Fraxy Projects:
F-Gradius
Project SH